Tuesday 29 May 2007
posted by The ComeBackKings at 21:33
Hi', said the man with his right arm extended. I greeted it with a firm shake as my eyebrows crumpled together as I looked at him from an angle. A natural technique deployed to remember things.

Oh no', I thought, 'not one of those awkward occasions when a person actually knows you and your usually dependable memory failed on your complacent-lazily-dependant self!'

'You came for the launch, right... in Bangsar Village?', said the man while pointing at me with his less busy hand, as I haven't allowed him to have his other hand back.

'Celebrity Fitness launch in Bangsar Village?', he added.

'Oooh,' I said in my head, 'one of those people who've watched our performance. Good. F@#* my memory, one can depend on the memory of others! HAH!'

Now, if only I can remember the gentlement's name and his designation for Celebrity Fitness, he went on about the CBKs.

Well, actually, it was mostly about me. =)

‘You guys are the best man. Especially you! I remember you coz’ you were in the middle. You were the funniest. You were so funny.’

While he went on, I thought, ‘Say, this is point when Ronnie will rub his slightly-protruding chest and say, ‘Oh welllllll…’ with an artificially wide smile on his face.’

‘So,’ I continued thinking, ‘this is how it feels like to be Ronnie. In the spotlight. In the limelight. In the middle … of the Old Intro Dance. HAH!’

(Sorry Ronnie. By the way, I told this to Nigesh and we both had a good laugh about it. Tee hee.)

Coming back to the subject, The Celebrity Fitness launch in Bangsar Villagewas quite a success. It was the first time we did a gig in a gym!

1It also marks the debut of my sweety-sweet Mun Mun as our sound-cum-photographer girl! Besides us, it was a great performance from her as well – no mistakes, all cues on time, pictures and video taken during our performance! Girls ARE made for multi-tasking! HEAVEN SENT!

Initially, the Kings were supposed to represent The Actors Studio but somewhere along the way, the Celebrity Fitness people opted for us as The ComeBackKings only, under no particular banner.

The Kings clearly enjoyed themselves that night; mingled with the hot and the muscular, caught glimpses of Amber Chia and questioned how ‘bones’ can be ‘fit’, had unlimited beer from the tap, counted the amount of people with cleanly shaved armpits, fooled around with the gym hair blowers, etc. Also, the venue and all meant that our Nigesh never felt more at home!

Labels: